Where to get skis in the Bellingham area
There aren’t a lot of local retail establishments that support cross-country skiing, but a number of the local stores do carry a few skis. And if you talk to them and express interest, they might carry more next year! If you are a business that wishes to be listed here, please contact me. (Pete Tryon, email@example.com)
- Backcountry Essentials: (Bellingham) equipment for groomed track and light back-country (updated, Dec ’22)
- Glacier Ski Shop: (~33 mile, Mt. Baker Highway) groomed track and back-country skis. A good selection of NNN equipment (updated, Dec ’22)
- Yeager’s – rental: (Bellingham) Yeager’s had a pretty good rental program, but they dropped it last year. Maybe if enough people asked for it, they would bring it back… They still rent snowshoes.(updated, Dec ’22)
- Cypress Mountain / Hollyburn, BC – within range for a day trip from Bellingham. Includes skate equipment and frequently groomed trails.
- Backcountry Essentials – Bellingham: a few pieces of second-hand equipment. Extremely limited selection, but occasional bargains.
- REI – Bellingham: equipment for track skiing, light back-country skiing. Children’s skis. Also mail-order. (And snowshoe rental)
- Yeager’s – retail – Bellingham: They have stopped selling Nordic equipment. (Dec. ’22)
- Coast Outdoors – North Vancouver. Our closest ‘full-service’ Nordic ski shop. (Hint: I’d cross the border at Lynden, then go straight north to Trans-Canada 1 and then take it over to North Vancouver (and then go on to Hollyburn 🙂 ) – Pete)
- Cascades Outdoor Store – Methow Valley
- Winthrop Mountain Sports – Methow Valley
- Cross Country Ski Headquarters: This large ski shop is in Michigan, but has a significant on-line presence and can help you over the phone. It comes recommended by club members who have used it.
- New Moon Ski and Bike Shop – Hayward, Wisconsin. Long-term ski shop in the town of the American Birkebeiner – has a major on-line business.
- The Hoarding Marmot – Anchorage, Alaska. A second-hand outdoor sports equipment store that will ship. Possibly a good place for ‘obsolete’ ski boots..
- Altai skis – the makers of Hok skis, based in Curlew, Washington
Loaner Pool / Trial Use:
- The Nooksack Nordic Ski Club has a modest selection of equipment that has been donated to the club for members to borrow and try out (or just to use on an occasional basis. Very limited boot sizes. Have a visiting grandchild, too small to ski, that you want to take to Salmon Ridge? Borrow the Chariot. Click here for more information.
Where to get a SnoPark pass
- You can purchase SnoPark passes online directly from the State of Washington
Local Outdoor and Recreational Clubs
Links/Other Activities of Interest