While the name of our club is the Nooksack Nordic Ski Club, many of our club members also snowshoe, and we all enjoy non-motorized recreation on the trails and in the snow of the Pacific Northwest.
We realize that it is a bit presumptuous for a ski club to give information on snowshoeing – Snowshoers: is there something missing here? Something that should be changed? Please feel free to send information to the webmaster, currently Pete Tryon, at email@example.com .
Having said that, a bit of information for our fellow recreationists on snowshoes:
- Trails under the NNSC auspices in the greater Salmon Ridge Snopark
- Other places to snowshoe in Whatcom County
- Why you might use snowshoes and skis on the same trip
- How to share a groomed ski trail at Salmon Ridge or White Salmon with skiers
- Thoughts on putting ski bindings onto snowshoes
- What passes do you need to park where and why do you need a snopark pass, even if you don’t ski