Where to get skis in the Bellingham area
There aren’t a lot of local retail establishments that support cross-country skiing, but a number of the local stores do carry a few skis. And if you talk to them and express interest, they might carry more next year! If you are a business that wishes to be listed here, please contact me. (Pete Tryon, email@example.com)
- Backcountry Essentials: (Bellingham) equipment for groomed track and light back-country (updated, Jan ’18)
- Glacier Ski Shop: (~33 mile, Mt. Baker Highway) groomed track and back-country skis. 3-pin boots only. (updated, Jan ’18)
- Yeager’s – rental: (Bellingham) a good collection of equipment for groomed and light back-country. They anticipate also renting skate skis and the special short, wide Hok skis next year (winter of 2018-19) (updated, Jan ’18)
- Backcountry Essentials: small selection, including kids equipment. Both new and used.
- Glacier Ski Shop: track and back-country skis. 3-pin boots only.
- REI: equipment for track skiing, light back-country skiing. Children’s skis.
- Yeager’s – retail: equipment for track skiing, light back-country skiing. They hope to also have skate skis, Hok and ‘traditional’ back-country skis for sale next winter (2018-19)
Local Outdoor and Recreational Clubs
Links/Other Activities of Interest