Mt. Bachelor, OR
This page was created in Dec. 2021 for our
club's general membership meeting, but we are leaving it up for general
information. You are invited to join our meeting: (Zoom) meeting on Tuesday, December 14, 2021. Hope
to see you then!
I've only skied at Mt. Bachelor once, but it was fun! And some of us
would love to see the Mt. Baker downhill area develop into Nordic skiing
sort of like at Mt. Bachelor. And if you're driving to California, it
makes a nice stop.
Bachelor has a wide variety of activities, including Nordic skiing
and snowshoeing. It has 56 km of groomed trails.
- Location: is 20 miles west of Bend, Oregon; it's 435 miles from
Bellingham. Bend, Oregon is an interesting city - beer and pizza. It
gets mentioned in many of the 'best cities' articles along with
- Elevation: 5750-6400 feet
- Google Road map to ski area
- Driving: It's in the mountains and it's wintertime. Better be
prepared! Snow tires! And bring chains.
- Type of skiing: Most trails are groomed nightly for classical and
- Length of season: Advertised season: Dec. 13, 2021 - April 24, 2022
(and maybe into May!)
- Average seasonal snowfall is 460"
- Expected Weather:
- Current conditions at Mt Bachelor Nordic
- Places to stay / price range: Mt Bachelor's recommendations;
- Places to eat: The resort
- Trail fees / passes needed: Snowshoe pass:
- Nordic Ski Lessons: (both skate and classical) are available
- Equipment rentals are available.
- Other things to do: downhill skiing across the parking lot;
- Want to talk about it? Want some stories? Want a suggested itinerary?
This is a forwarding email address, your questions will be sent to 'the
'experienced user' – email@example.com