Love getting out in the fresh air and want to help your community? We have a great opportunity for you! Come help us get the Salmon Ridge Sno-Park trails ready for winter ski and snowshoe season. We need you! We
offer carpooling unfortunately can’t offer carpooling under covid restrictions, but can provide (sanitized) tools, or you can bring your own.
Your work helps us secure our grants for grooming and track setting the ski trails and clearing the snowshoe trails for this winter. This is a great way to spend a fall day in the woods, learn about the trails, and support local cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Come join the fun and help us out.
Some hand tools plus power equipment will be provided. You are encouraged to bring your own loppers or bow saw, labeled with your name.
Bring sturdy boots, gloves, rain gear, TP, food, and water (and cloth mask and your personal hand sanitizer).
Check USFS fire danger levels here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/news/mbs/news-events
2020 Work Party Information
- Saturday, October 3 – Lynne Oliver – 360-592-9005 or email@example.com – snowshoe trails
- Sunday, October 11 – 9:00 AM at Salmon Ridge parking lot [CHANGED from Saturday, due to predicted rain and thunderstorms] – Lynne Oliver – 360-592-9005 or firstname.lastname@example.org – snowshoe trails
- Friday, October 16 – 9:00 AM at the start of the Jerry Bourn Trail (100 yards or so up the Hannegan Pass Road) – Lynne Oliver – 360-592-9005 or email@example.com – backcountry ski / snowshoe trails (see description)
- Saturday, October 24 – 9:00 AM at the Salmon Ridge parking lot – Lynne Oliver – 360-592-9005 or firstname.lastname@example.org – Huckleberry Trail backcountry ski / snowshoe trail (see description)
- To be determined – Pete Tryon – email@example.com – new Connector trail between White Salmon and Cougar Loop
We usually work rain or shine, but if the weather is especially bad on any of these dates, it is up to the discretion of the crew leader to postpone to another time. In the event of a postponement, the crew leader will contact you and let you know ahead of time, assuming that you let them know you plan to attend.